All 3 & 4 year olds, and some 2 year olds can access Free Early Education Sessions.
From September 2017 the government will increase free Early Years Education sessions for up to 30 hours a week nationally.
- All 3 and 4 year olds already get 15 hours of free childcare over 38 weeks of the year (or fewer hours over more weeks)
- Some 2 year olds are also eligible for 15 hours of free childcare
- From 1 September 2017, the government will increase free childcare to 30 hours a week for eligible working parents
- Not everyone is eligible, however parents will still receive 15 hours free childcare that is already available
- 30 hours free childcare can be taken up to 38 weeks a year, (it is possible to stretch your entitlement by taking fewer hours over more weeks of the year with some nursery providers)
To find out our funding offer and how to claim, read our leaflet below:
The documents below provide all the information needed to process a claim. Some documents are a mandatory requirement from KCC.